For over a century, James Elementary has been a landmark of education in Northeast KC. We are focused on high academic achievement and outfitted with the latest 21st Century technological classroom tools to bring interactive lessons to life. James serves students from 3 years old through 6th grades. Each student receives their own digital device in the classroom. This device can house student materials, textbooks and help increase digital literacy.
This year our school theme is “GAME ON!” (Goals And Motivation Equal Success). We encourage our families to get involved to help make James the very best it can be. Please contact the school if you are interested in volunteering, being a mentor, or business partner.
There will be no uniforms required at James this year, but all students will need to comply with the KCPS student dress code.
K-6th: 8:20 a.m. - 3:20 p.m.
Pre-K: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
School Activities & Programs:
- Intensive Instructional Support for English Language Learners (ELL)
- Free Before and After School Chile Care (LINC)
- Free Breakfast and Lunch for all Students
- One-to-One School Devices
- Student Council
- Positive Behavior Intervention System School (BPIS)
- Multiple Community Partnerships
- Caring for Kids Committee (CFK)
- Student Advisory Council (SAC)
- 100% Highly Qualified Certified Staff
- Student Mentoring Program
- Gardening Club
- Lead to Read